At the core of the Hawaiian Shamanic beliefs are seven sacred principles and those principles are at the core of Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage.
The seven principles and their meaning:
- IKE (pronounced E’-kay): The world is what you think it is
- KALA: There are no limits
- MAKIA: Energy flows where attention goes
- MANAWA (man-NAV-a): Now is the moment of power
- ALOHA: To love is to be happy with
- MANA: All power comes from within
- PONO: Effectiveness is the measure of truth.
The Lomi Lomi massage is on another level of relaxation and stimulation. It’s more spiritual and thought provoking. The entire body is massaged at the same time as opposed to the selected areas of the body like the Swedish massage. In a Lomi Lomi massage we use long flowing strokes that go from head to toe in a continuous, rhythmic movement on both the top and the underside of your body using not only hands but elbows and forearms.
You need to remove all clothing as the Lomi Lomi is usually carried out naked, apart from a small towel, this enables us to slide our hands and arms under and around your body.
We visit you anywhere on Saint Martin/Sint Maarten, so there is no need for you to have the stress of the road before or after the massage. We can come to your home, hotel, vacation resort, yacht (on anchor or at port) or arrange to meet you on any of SXM beaches.
We look forward to meeting you………….where ever that may be!